ELSA Webinars Academy on Artificial Intelligence and Intellectual Property
EWA by ELSA Salerno represents the right opportunity to improve skills and knowledge about the relationship between Law, Artificial Intelligence and Intellectual Property. This exclusive online course deals with the most relevant challenges for legal systems and it stands out in particular for the quality of the international speakers. EWA will be structured in five different webinars in English, distributed over three weeks between May and June in order to ensure the quality of the project among the entire network and to allow the participants to take part to it with ease from a remote position. The aim of the project is to seek a multidisciplinary approach towards a very complex and current subject. Participants will have the opportunity to explore the topic of artificial intelligence and intellectual property from different points of view: from autorship to patent law, from the ownership of machines to the use of blockchain.
The five webinars of EWA will be held on the following dates, and in every single webinar will be treated an Academic Programme's subtopic by one of international expert.Friday the 21st, May, h. 15:30-17:30 (CEST)
- Subtopic: "Authorship and Machine Learning"
- Speaker: Giovanni Maria Riccio, partner at E-Lex law firm, Professor of Comparative Media Law, Copyright Law, Cultural Heritage Law- Università di Salerno / DPO
- Subtopic: "Artificial Intelligence and Trademarks"
- Speaker: Alina Trapova, PhD researcher at Università Bocconi .
- Subtopic: " Artificial Intelligence and Patent Law"
- Speaker: Justyna Ożegalska-Trybalska, Assistant professor at the Department of Intellectual Property Law of the Jagiellonian University, lecturer in patent law and trademark law, as well as Internet law at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Jagiellonian University (Cracow) .
- Subtopic: "Intellectual Property and Ownership of the Machines"
- Speaker: Peter Mezei, associate professor of law at the University of Szeged, Faculty of Law, Institute of Comparative Law (Hungary), elected to be a permanent adjunct professor of the University of Turku, Faculty of Law (Finland).
- Subtopic: "Blockchain and Intellectual Property"
- Speaker: Vanessa Villanueva Collao, Juris Science Doctor candidate at the University of Illinois.
In the end of every webinar participants can deal with speakers about the object of the speech, in a dedicated Q&A time.
To receive the certificate of participation 80% of attendance is required (four webinars out of five).
You can't miss this opportunity!
Fee for non-ELSA members : 40€